Sunday, June 15, 2008

Hugging the kids

After the service we walked around a bit and mingled with the children. They would stand and stare at us, almost afraid to get near. Finally I reached out towards one and hugged her. That broke the ice. They lined up for a hug. It was precious to me to hug these little children. They giggled and would push each other forward. Some would go back and get in line again for another hug. I pray they feel the hug of Jesus when I hug them.

I had pointed to my teeth to encourage the children to smile.

At all three churches we would lay hands on the children and pray over them. Several women came up to me and asked for specific prayers about spiritual issues or illness they were having. The boys laid hands on the children to pray for them too. This was a little different for the boys, but they met the challenge. Reid, who is my prayer warrior took the call very seriously. Several times I would turn to see him praying mightily over a child or adult.

It was a whirlwind day. We ate lunch with Rev. Wisdom and rested at their home which is part of the church and the orphanage. We were all beat and came back to the hotel early afternoon. We fell asleep about 7:00 pm.

Tomorrow would be our first adventure to visit schools.

No comments: