Saturday, May 24, 2008

My dear friend, Kristy

Prayers for a friend from afar...
Madrid, Spain
We have been gone from the U.S. for almost a month, but today it seems longer. I learned yesterday that a very dear friend of mine from home has suffered a stroke. Kristy is a mom of three boys very similar in age to mine. Our families are close and I leaned on Kristy a lot to get ready for this trip. She has been an exceptional friend to me and now when she needs me, I am not there. It is frustrating to me to be so far away. I know the only thing I can do is lift her and her family in prayer. We serve a mighty God. I have to trust that God will minister to her since I cannot. This is a huge leap of faith for me. I ask Him to provide for her and her family in supernatural ways, to heal her miraculously, to provide strength for her and her family. I pray that He will make His presence known to them.
I say and write the words, but my heart is still heavy.

May I share about Kristy? She is a vivacious and energetic woman. She teaches aerobics and she seems to always be active. She is Catholic and has an infilling of the Holy Spirit that would rival some of the most devout Charismatics. She loves the Lord and He loves her. She is a devoted mom and wife and I learn constantly from her in watching her life. She is joyful and fun to be around. She has a servant’s heart. I miss her!
Please pray for Kristy and her family.

No comments: