Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Brooklyn Tabernacle Street Prayer Ministry

Brooklyn Tabernacle
Brooklyn, New York USA
Street Prayer Ministry
Brooklyn Tabernacle is a church based on prayer. Their Tuesday night prayer sessions are famous and we were honored to be a part of it. About 4000 people come to pray and worship the Lord each week. The doors open at 5 pm and people show up early to assure they will get a seat. The service starts at 7pm.
The boys and I joined James Sloven and a small team for street prayer ministry outside the church from noon to 3 pm. Regularly the church sets up a booth, members put on red aprons that say “Prayer Changes Things” and with tracts of almost every language you can name they stand and wait for the people to stop. And the people stop.
What a thrill it was to pray for a young Muslim woman. She was hesitant at first and Hatcher said “Isu (?) (the Muslim name for Jesus) loves you” He had just been taught this by one of the other team members. She warmed up a little. She asked how much it cost and I assured her I would be blessed to pray for her for free. She asked that I pray for her husband, that something was wrong with his head. My heart was full and hopeful that God would perform a miracle for this woman and her family. I prayed and prayed some more….boldly. I finished and we offered her a multi-lingual DVD about Jesus. I gave her a glow in the dark bracelet. She asked if I would pray for her daughter…”she bites her teeth at night”. My heart was joyous. I prayed again. I hugged her and told her that if she had any questions she could come back to the church and they would help her. Please pray for this precious woman, that God would perform a miracle in the life of her family and make Himself known to her.

No comments: